
The boys are very into dinosaurs these days. Well, they have been for a few years, alternating between them and Harry Potter and Transformers. But, since receiving a 3 disc set of the Ultimate Dinosaur Collection by BBC video for Christmas, they've been all but obsessed (thanks Nikki and Ed!). I do not know how many times they've watched those videos, which are similar to National Geographic documentaries, but the narrator goes back in time and sees (computer generated) prehistoric monsters. I'm not surprised to hear Matthew rehearsing some little known fact to me, or talking about dinosaurs I've never even heard of before. But, now even Ethan is coming to me with such tidbits as "Mommy, did you know that Ceolophysis was the first dinosaur?"
Matthew will spend all day in his room reading one of his numerous library books about dinos. One book showed how to draw some, so this morning he tried to draw it. Of course, he got extremely frustrated that he couldn't get it right, and was going through paper like there was no tomorrow. When I intervened, he shoved the book and paper at me and demanded that I draw him a velociraptor. Um, what? I can't even draw a rose that looks like a real rose. Not even close. It will look like a carnation on drugs. But, I can follow instructions, so I took the book and some time later... "wha-la". [How on earth do you spell that?] And I didn't even trace it. Matthew was asking me how I got to be such a good artist. Well, you know.

4 comments:
That's a great velociraptor, Val. Maybe you've found a new avocation - illustrating dinosaur books.
I'm glad the boys like the videos. I'm not sure we can top that for next Christmas :)
Nice drawing! Looks like he's a runner based on those human-like calves!! Wish mine looked like that!!! ;)
Wow!
Impressive art work! Are you drawing dino's non-stop now?
Post a Comment