Monday, September 28, 2009
Dinos
The boys love dinosaurs, and Matthew in particular will devour anything he can get his claws on that has to do with them. We have some really great videos about dinosaurs, EXCEPT that they constantly talk about evolution, and Matthew is now wavering in his testimony about whether there is a God. Yesterday he told Russ, "I don't know, Dad. The theory of evolution is pretty convincing. If evolution is true, then there wasn't a God. But, if there is a God, then evolution isn't true."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I believe in God and evolution.
When I was younger I thought that God could have used evolution to make all the animals.
Don't worry, he is just starting to evaluate things for himself. He is going to find his own testimony earlier than the rest because he is actually thinking about things instead of just glazing through church.
Just keep up those FHE's and continue to pray for him. I loved President Eyring's talk today and he spoke about "wayward" children. By no means am I saying Matthew's wayward, but it's so comforting when the Prophet and his Apostle's speak on this topic. Some of my notes from today on this I thought I would share. You guys are in my prayers, and here's the little excerpt I thought I'd share - it is paraphrased, but I'll put quotes around it all:
"The Savior is the perfect example of persisting in love (wayward children). The faithful parent who honors the temple sealing to their children though some of the sheep may wander, they eye of the Sheppard is upon them and sooner or later they will feel the tentacles of divine providence reaching out after them and drawing them back into the fold. Pray for your careless and disobedient children. Hold on to them with your faith."
I want ot send you a christmas card, but I don't know where to send it. Please give me your current address.
w_caious@hotmail.com
Hey - I'm leaving you messages everywhere :) Can I get your address? You guys have been on my mind. I hope you're doing well - we miss you all!!
God used matter that was already there and reorganized it. And who's to say that there wasn't dinasours and they just became extincted? I can't wait to get to the other side and get all the answers! ; )
Post a Comment