Saturday, December 20, 2008

AuntDeanna Jones


3 June 2000, Deanna and Valancy

Today is my sister Deanna's birthday. As I explained to the boys that we were calling Aunt Deanna to sing her Happy Birthday, Ethan said, "We should just look her up on noblecollection.com, because they probably have pictures of her there or something...you know, 'AuntDeanna Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark'!
Matthew and I had a good laugh over that one.

That's me on the right, Thanksgiving 1981 so I was six years old. Deanna is in the high chair, and almost a year old. She used to stand up in her high chair and shake her bootie around and sing "Bootie bootie, bootie bootie!" She was hilarious.


I just love this picture, so I threw it in here. This is my mom and Deanna, probably 1982. I think Mother made that litle purple jumper Deanna is wearing.



I thought Deanna was so cute. I loved having a sister.
My hair isn't short here, it's just up around my head in braids.


This looks like Deanna's second birthday. Look how young my mom looks. She was young! She was only 28 and Deanna was number 5! Dang, I'm 33 now and I only have 3 kids.

3 comments:

Charly said...

I loved this blog entry! Happy Birthday Deanna! How is she? I have not been in touch with her for a few years. You look SO, SO much like your mom. Fun pictures!

Marie said...

What fun pictures!! Now I can see that your boys really do look like you. Hope you guys have a very merry Christmas!!

Chelsea said...

Your mom is BEAUTIFUL!!! You are beautiful! I miss you! I will be calling you soon - i have a sad story i need to tell you....